Postgraduate Certificate of Early Childhood
View course for domestic students.
This certificate provides you with an opportunity to undertake advanced study in early childhood to enhance professional knowledge and extend your knowledge of related areas in early childhood.
- Provides you with analytical and research skills which are valuable in various professional activities.
- You will have access to the Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre.
|North Ryde (Sydney), Distance|
|Session 1 (March), Session 2 (August)|
Minimum course duration
|0.5 years full-time|
Suitable if you are working or want to work in the area of early childhood.
This is a 2014 proposed fee only and is subject to change.
• Australian Bachelor of Early Childhood or recognised equivalent in relevant field • Academic practicum or relevant work experience • Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 7.0 overall, with minimum 7.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information see English Language Requirements.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
No work experience is required.
International students wishing to complete this program by distance should note that some units require compulsory on-campus attendance. Students should contact the Institute of Early Childhood to seek advice on a suitable study plan that can be undertaken from the student's country of residence.
This certificate does not provide you with a teaching qualification in early childhood.
What you will study
|General requirements||Credit Points|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level or above||12|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level or above from units with an ECED prefix||12|
|Completion of other specific minimum requirements as set out below|
The following outlines the units (subjects) to be studied within this certificate
|800 level or above||Credit Points|
|Required||either||12cp at 800 level or above|
|or||12cp at 800 level or above including 1 specialisation||12|
Students undertaking this course can choose from the following Postgraduate Certificate of Early Childhood specialisations:
This certificate will enhance your employment opportunities in areas related to early childhood services and education.