Master of International Security Studies
View course for domestic students.
Taught by international experts with practical experience in all levels of security, this degree will explore the major changes in the international system in the aftermath of September 11 2001.
- Gives you the opportunity to undertake master level study in the workplace, supervised and coordinated through web-based activities
- Offers contemporary and rigorous academic study in security studies and intelligence analysis, as well as transnational crime, international law and political violence
- This degree can be combined with the Master of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
|North Ryde (Sydney), Distance|
|Session 1 (March), Session 2 (August)|
Minimum course duration
|1 year full-time|
This degree is designed for students who work or wish to work within fields of strategy in either government or non-government organisations.
This program is also designed for individuals considering a high level career in government, private industry or non-government organisations, or those wishing to undertake research activities in related academic areas.
This is a 2014 proposed fee only and is subject to change.
• Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field or relevant Australian Postgraduate Certificate or recognised equivalent • Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information see English Language Requirements.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
To enter the program without prior tertiary study you must have gained substantial professional experience in a relevant field. Entry on the basis of professional experience is limited to the Postgraduate Certificate. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate will allow you to articulate into higher level degrees within the program.
What you will study
|General requirements||Credit Points|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level or above||32|
|Completion of other specific minimum requirements as set out below|
The following outlines the units (subjects) to be studied within this master
Our graduates find employment with government and non-government employers who deal with state and international security issues.