Postgraduate Diploma of Early Childhood
View course for international students.
This diploma provides you with an opportunity to undertake advanced study in early childhood to enhance professional knowledge and extend their knowledge of related areas in early childhood.
- Provides you with analytical and research skills which are valuable in various professional activities.
- You will have access to the Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre.
Minimum course duration
1 year (full time)
Session 1 (March), Session 2 (August)
Suitable if you are working or want to work in the area of early childhood. Also suitable if you are interested in and want to learn more about the latest research and engage in current theoretical and policy debates in the area of early childhood.
• Australian Bachelor of Early Childhood or recognised equivalent in relevant field • Academic practicum or relevant work experience • Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 7.0 overall, with minimum 7.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information see English Language Requirements.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
Professional or academic practicum experience with infants and children (0-8 years) and their families.
This diploma does not provide you with a teaching qualification in early childhood.
What you will study
|General requirements||Credit Points|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level or above||24|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level from units with an ECED prefix||24|
|Completion of other specific minimum requirements as set out below|
Specific minimum requirements:
The following outlines the units (subjects) to be studied within this diploma
|800 level or above||Credit Points|
|Required||either||24cp at 800 level or above|
|or||24cp at 800 level or above including 1 specialisation||24|
|Balance of credit points required (Electives)||8|
Students undertaking this course can choose from the following Postgraduate Diploma of Early Childhood specialisations:
Employment opportunities exist in professional and policy areas, children's media and education research.