Master of Environment
View course for international students.
The Master of Environment is an interdisciplinary degree that offers specialisations in Environmental Management, Environmental Science and Environmental Studies.
- Provides flexibility to transfer across specialisations.
- Offers opportunities to develop theoretical, practical and research skills.
- Provides access to government and industry linkages via guest lectures, case studies and research projects.
|North Ryde (Sydney)|
Minimum course duration
1.5 years (full time)
Session 1 (March), Session 2 (August)
860807 - On-campus
Students wanting to move into the environmental profession or those already working in the area seeking to expand their skills and knowledge.
• Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field • Minimum GPA of 2.50 (out of 4.00) • Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information see English Language Requirements.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
What you will study
|General requirements||Credit Points|
|Minimum number of credit points at 800 level or above||48|
|Completion of other specific minimum requirements as set out below|
Specific minimum requirements:
The following outlines the units (subjects) to be studied within this master
|800 level or above||Credit Points|
|Required||GSE800||Attitudes to the Environment||4|
|Required||16cp from||BIOL units at 800 or 900 level|
|CBMS units at 800 or 900 level|
|CLIM units at 800 or 900 level|
|EDCN873 - EDCN887|
|ENV units at 800 or 900 level|
|ENVE units at 800 or 900 level|
|ENVG units at 800 or 900 level|
|GEOS units at 800 or 900 level|
|GSE units at 800 or 900 level|
|HGEO units at 800 or 900 level|
|ICOM units at 800 or 900 level|
|INTS units at 800 or 900 level|
|IRPG units at 800 or 900 level|
|LAW850 - LAW861|
|POL units at 800 or 900 level|
|SOC units at 800 or 900 level||16|
Students undertaking this course can choose from the following Master of Environment specialisations:
Career opportunities are dependent on which specialisation is studied. For example, those who complete the Environmental Education specialisation can pursue career opportunities as environmental and sustainability educators, and environmental management job opportunities are available to those studying the Environmental Management specialisation.
- corporate sector
- government at Federal, State and Local levels
- non-government organisations